Travelling solo has many benefits and after trying it once, many avid explorers are eager to visit further new destinations alone. Heading off to a new city or rural location means you get to enjoy all the things you’re looking forward to at your own pace without having to worry about somebody else. If you’re looking to expand your circle and meet new people, travelling solo is ideal too and you’ll find others in the same position, friendly locals and groups of travellers to chat to as you head out on tours, grab a bite to eat or simply relax.
Whether you’re new to solo travelling or a seasoned veteran, picking out your next holiday destination can still be a challenge. But there are beautiful historic sites, stunning scenery and unique cultures to experience across Europe that are perfect for the solo traveller.
- Paris – While Paris, France, might have a romantic reputation you shouldn’t discount it if you’re a single traveller. Paris is magical and beautiful, especially for those wandering the streets and simply soaking up the atmosphere in the City of Light. You can take advantage of the world-famous landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, fine dining and rich art history during a stay here, all at your own pace.
- Vienna – The Austrian city of Vienna is full of grandeur and elegance and a tour of the centre certainly won’t disappoint. It’s ranked as one of the safest destinations in Europe and solo travellers will have a wonderful time getting lost in the city, whether they’re searching for a traditional café, visiting the famous opera or taking in the spectacular scenery that can be found just outside Vienna.
- Berlin – Berlin, Germany, seamlessly blends the modern and cutting edge with historic beauty. As a solo traveller, you’ll be able to fully explore all the city offers, whether you want to walk along the remnants of the Berlin Wall or take in a Prussian palace you’ll be well catered for. As you walk around the bustling city don’t forget to sample the local delicacies.
- Bruges – Called the Venice of the North, the charming city of Bruges, Belgium, combines a medieval town with the hustle and bustle of a popular beach resort. Bruges can transport travellers into a fairy tale thanks to its picturesque surroundings and historic sites. You’ll feel right home wandering around the beautiful area sampling famous cafes, visiting attractions and generally taking in the sights as you stroll through the cobbled streets.
- Venice – Italy is full of hidden delights both in its cities and in rural areas and Venice is no different. The canals and history are all around you as you explore this truly beautiful and one-of-a-kind city. There are plenty of opportunities to create memories, sightsee and explore the many attractions waiting around every corner and across every bridge.