Take a journey into nostalgia on a vintage steam-hauled train meandering its way from Kidderminster, famous in the past for its carpet industry, to the first stop at the ancient riverside town of Bewdley with its quaint quayside, its gardens and lovely Georgian architecture and then continuing on to Bridgnorth taking in the sites and crossing the famous Victoria Bridge, a 200 foot span and is high above the water and features in many films, including ‘The Thirty Nine Steps’ starring Robert Powell.
You will witness sights that you won’t be able to appreciate from the road and the scenery is mostly unspoiled, only punctuated by old fashioned stations for the few villages along the route. The entire working line is operated and maintained mostly by volunteers who give up their time to work on a piece of our heritage and keep it operational.
Why choose this holiday?
- Fun for all the family.
- Broaden your horizon and try something a bit different.
- Experience the countryside in a way you can’t from the road as some of the railway line cuts into places you cannot see from any road.
- We’ll arrange everything for you, so you can enjoy a stress-free break.
Tips & Advice:
- Travel insurance – Plan ahead at the time of booking and take out our travel insurance to ensure cover for sickness or medical emergencies.
- Capture those especial moments! – Don’t forget to pack your camera so you can return with a photo album worth of beautiful scenery.
- Never worry about losing your luggage again! Track your luggage in real-time with our specially designed Tag&Track holiday tags.