Carnivals are a great atmosphere and a fantastic way to spend a break.
Experience the sights and sounds of the party atmosphere in the air as the whole town joins in as the carnival rolls in. Watch in wonder as colourful floats and marching bands take to the streets. Most carnivals take place around February time, just before Lent. Many people dress up or wear masks through parades and public street parties which mark the overturning of daily life.
Bridgewater Carnival is an especially popular choice where visitors can discover a spectacular parade of illuminated floats and a display of marching bands. Visitors to the carnival are able to obtain information regarding carnival activities, look at photos from past carnivals and purchase souvenirs. Floats and displays are changed from year to year to keep visitors interest alive. Following the carnival procession, the High Street holds a Squibbling event where 150 fireworks are lit and paraded.
Why choose this holiday?
- Experience the sights and sounds of the carnival atmosphere.
- Take part in the celebrations and watch the many floats and marching bands.
- Let us know where you want to go and we will take care of everything for you.
- Take the kids! – It’s perfect for the whole family.
Tips and Advice:
- Location is everything! - Find a good spot to watch and take in all the action as the parade goes by.
- Capture those special moments! – Don’t forget to pack your camera so you can return with memories to fill the photo album.
- Stay safe –Busy cities can lead to lots of pickpockets and so it is essential to keep your valuables out of reach and out of sight.