Our short breaks to the Tour de France are simply perfect for those who have always dreamt of watching one of the world’s largest spectator events of the year. Our cycling tours offer outstanding value for money and, with each package including return coach travel, return channel crossings by ferry or tunnel, hotel and coach transfers to where the race is held; booking today is a no-brainer!
The Tour de France is free to watch so you will need to be fast in obtaining the ideal viewing spot along the route – The earlier you arrive, the better your view.
Fancy experiencing the thrill of watching world-class cyclists race past you on the Tour de France in London? Or perhaps you’d like to take part in a cycling event that’s a lot more relaxed?
Whichever you decide we have something for you. As with all Leisuretime tours, you’ll get your return coach travel, accommodation and excursions all arranged for you, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Why choose this holiday?
- Whether it’s something relaxed like sitting back and watching the Tour de France in London or something more active and taking part in the cycling yourself we can arrange something for you.
- Witness the world’s largest annual spectator event.
- The Tour de France brings an element that other major sports simply cannot offer: the great outdoors. In cycling the “stadium” is always changing throughout the race which means, as spectators, you aren’t looking at the same field for three straight hours. Instead, it can be peaceful and meditative to watch while taking in the beautiful surroundings.
- The crowds are enormously enthusiastic which contributes to the electric atmosphere.
- Let us know where and when you want to go and we will organise everything for you, so you can have a stress-free break, whatever you decide to do.
Tips and Advice:
- Early arrival is advised so that you can take your place right at the front by the barriers!
- What to pack? It is advisable to wear a hat and bring as much water and sun cream as possible as it can get very hot by mid-day.
- Get your hiking shoes on! - Roads will be closed and so the best vantage points are only accessible by getting your walking shoes on.