Our coach trips to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo never fail to amaze and this year will be no exception. Dubbed ‘the greatest show on earth’, we guarantee you are in for an entertaining evening where you can expect an unforgettable night of music, ceremony, theatre and dance. As the grand entrance to the castle opens, stillness fills the air, before a totality of marching bands proudly parade out in their masses to tunes of glory echoing Scotland’s celebratory past.
The Tattoo’s unique ability to unite thousands of people for this annual celebration of music, dance and entertainment continues year on year.
You will be a proud spectator of some of the world’s finest pipe bands such as the award-wining Royal Highland Fusiliers as they unite administering awe-inspiring sights and sounds for people of all ages to savour. From daredevil motorcycle routines and an array of exciting music and dance to thrilling re-enactments of international battles you will be engrossed from start to finish!
Discover Scotland’s greatest treasures! Edinburgh has a unique setting, dominated by castle rock with the historic Royal and Old Town separated from the shopping boulevard of Princes Street, and the dignified New Town, by beautiful gardens.
Package tours to the Edinburgh Tattoo start from only £259.00 per person and include return coach travel, over night accommodation at a ‘Leisuretime Selected Hotel’ with breakfast and evening meal, hotel to venue transfers as well as a ticket to the event.
Why Choose this Holiday?
- Experience the show of a lifetime at Edinburgh Castle.
- Described as the ‘greatest show on earth’, the Royal Edinburgh Tattoo is a must see every year.
- Regardless of rain or shine, the show will go on.
- If you like bag pipes and military bands this is the perfect show for you!
- We’ll sort out everything for you from getting you there and where you’re staying to getting you home again.
Tips and Advice:
- The Tattoo is in the open air, so be prepared in case of inclement weather as umbrellas are not allowed. However, ponchos are a good idea and if you don’t have one, these are available to purchase at the venue. The Tattoo has never been cancelled due to bad weather and for the last decade gas been sold out in advance.
- What to pack? A camera and warm clothing are the two essentials as it will get very chilly in the evening as well as snacks and a drink.
- Don’t miss out! – The extended firework display on selected Saturdays, the Lone Piper playing on the castle Ramparts, the popular Top Secret Swiss Drum Corps as well as the drums and massed pipes from the Scottish regiments are not to be missed!