The Royal Welsh Show celebrates all aspects of farming and rural life, but it’s not all about work! The event offers a great day out for the very best of Welsh produce, flowers, crafts, country pursuits and arena displays.
The role of the modern Royal Welsh Show is a rounded one. As well as its principal function of showcasing the cream of Welsh livestock and the high quality food and drink produced in Wales, it encompasses the wider spectrum of farming and rural life and successfully bridges the gap between town and country.
It offers something of interest for everyone through its kaleidoscopic assortment of activities including countryside sports, crafts, forestry and an exciting 12 hour programme of thrilling entertainment that persists throughout each of the four days.
The event is the biggest in the calendar for the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society and the Prince of Wales is a frequent attender and big supporter of the Royal Welsh Show. You can expect fun for all the family and enjoy seeing the many animals on show and sample/purchase the finest local produce from around 1,000 stands.
Why Choose this Holiday?
- Experience a taste of the Welsh farming community.
- A great day out for all the family.
- A spectacular assortment of Welsh food, culture and heritage.
- Join in with the biggest event in the calendar.
- Witness the showcasing of the very best of Welsh produce, flowers, crafts, country pursuits and arena displays.
Tips and Advice:
- With the exception of guide dogs, visitors are reminded that dogs are not permitted anywhere within the showground.
- Check the weather and be prepared! Be ‘sun safe’ as a significant amount of events will be outdoors so bring sun block or sunscreen to protect your skin from those harmful rays. Equally, be prepared for the possibility of rain showers - there are buildings that you can shelter in on the Showground
- Familiarise your locations – Collect a programme that will include a map of the Showground. It may be helpful to quickly identify key locations such as the toilets, first aid points and lost children center.