We have arranged with Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd a holiday insurance policy specially designed with our holidays in mind.
Policies sold before the 1st January 2020 this policy will be underwritten by ETI – International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to undertake insurance business in the UK.
Policies sold from the 1st January 2020 will be underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at
Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AJ, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority: register number 769884.
This policy is administered by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI): registered in the UK, company number 11091555. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 805870 and registered office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street London, EC3M 3AJ. Details about the extent of GLISE’s and ETI’s authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority are available on request.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes 24-hour emergency service from Towergate Assistance. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of the cover, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
When making a booking with Leisuretime, just ask for insurance to be added on and we can include it in your booking. There is an option when booking online to add insurance aswell. Already booked and would like to add insurance? No problem, just give us a call and we can add insurance to your trip.
Insurance Benefits - Trips Departing from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020
Please click here for the insurance summary feature. For full insurance information and terms, conditions and exclusions click here for the 772LTW20 policy wording.
For a summary review of the policy terms, conditions and exclusions click here for the 772LTW20 Insurance Product Information Document (IPID).
* This policy is only available to residents of the United Kingdom. The definition of residents of the United Kingdom is any person who is staying in or has lived in the United Kingdom for more than 12-months, or if studying or working in the United Kingdom for more than 6-months. Leisure Time (Wales) Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference 305686) being permitted to advise and arrange general insurance contracts. Our status can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or calling 0845 606 9966.
|Section of Cover
||Maximum Sums Insured & Benefits Per Person
||Excesses Per Person
||£1,500 United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe
£15 Loss of Deposit
£25 Cancellation holidays up to 3-days
£75 Cancellation holidays 4-days or more
|Delayed Departure (Northern Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe)
£60 (£20 for the first completed 24-hours then £10 for each subsequent completed 24-hours) Delayed Travel
£1,500 (after delay of 12-hours) Holiday Abandonment
Nil Delayed Travel
£25 Holiday Abandonment holidays up to 3-days
£75 Holiday Abandonment holidays 4- days or more
£100 England, Scotland & Wales
£300 Northern Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe
£15,000 (£1,000 if aged under 16-years and 65-years plus at the time of the accident) Death
£15,000 (£1,000 if aged 65-years at the time of the accident) Loss of Limbs and / or Eyes
£7,500 (Nil if aged under 16-years at the time of the accident) Permanent Total Disablement
|Medical & Other Expenses (Including Curtailment)
£2,000,000 in all, sub-limited as follows:
£350 Emergency Dental Pain Relief (Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe)
£1,500 Additional Accommodation & Repatriation Expenses (United Kingdom) £5,000 for return of body or ashes (limited to £2,500 for death in the United Kingdom)
£1,000 Local Funeral Expenses (Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe)
£100 Taxi Fares & Telephone Calls
£300 Additional Travel Expenses (United Kingdom)
£1,500 Curtailment (United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe)
£75 Medical & Other Expenses
£25 Curtailment holidays up to 3-days
£75 Curtailment holidays 4-days or more
£100 (£10 per completed 24-hours) United Kingdom
£450 (£15 per completed 24-hours) Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe
|Baggage (Including Personal Money)
£1,500 sub-limited as follows:
£200 Single Article Limit
£200 in all Valuables
£200 (£50 if aged under 16-years at the time of the incident) Personal Money
£100 (£50 for each completed 24-hours) Delayed Baggage
£75 Baggage & Personal Money
Nil Delayed Baggage
|Loss of Passport and / or Visa Expenses
If you have a history of any medical condition and are travelling to Area 2, 3 or 4, you must call MediScreen on the following telephone number prior to the start of any trip in order to establish whether we can provide cover for you. MediScreen’s office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. Telephone MediScreen on 0344 892 1698.
If you are then accepted, you will be covered by the following Special Conditions as a minimum but may be subject to further terms and conditions which will be sent to you in writing. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your medical conditions.
If you are not travelling to Area 2, 3 or 4, there is no requirement for you to declare your medical conditions. However to be covered for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able to comply with the following Special conditions:
- No trip is booked or undertaken against medical advice or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
- If your health changes after the start date of your policy you must contact us to make sure that your cover is not affected.
- If you have a medical condition, you must obtain at least verbal confirmation from your medical practitioner that there is no reason why you should not travel
Area 1. United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, including all islands comprising the British Isles (except the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland). (Any British Isles or UK Cruises are rated as Area 2)
Area 2. Europe: Continental Europe west of the Ural mountain range, all countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (except Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya & Syria), the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Madeira, The Canaries and The Azores.
Area 3. Worldwide: All countries outside of the above (except those within Area 4).
Area 4. North America, Central America, the Caribbean: Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, The Caribbean Islands, United States of America.
MAIN HEALTH EXCLUSIONS
There are also some main health exclusions that apply to all persons as follows:
- Where you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends) have or have had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing, unless we have agreed in writing to cover you.
- Any terminal illness suffered by you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends).
- Any medical condition for which you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends) have within 12 months prior to the date of issue of this insurance been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/intervention.
- Any claims on medical grounds where you fail to provide a medical certificate or other suitable evidence from a medical practitioner of the need to cancel the trip.
This policy is only available to residents of the United Kingdom. The definition of residents of the United Kingdom is any person who is staying in or has lived in the United Kingdom for more than 12-months, or if studying or working in the United Kingdom for more than 6-months.
Leisure Time (Wales) Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference 305686) being permitted to advise and arrange general insurance contracts. Our status can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or calling 0845 606 9966.